About Silver Spine & Neurological Center
Dr. M. Viktor Silver, MD, FRCSC, FACS, FAANS
As of January 2018, Dr. Silver became the Medical Director for Neurosurgey at Medical City Mckinney.
Silver Spine & Neurological Center was established by Dr. M. Viktor Silver after fourteen years in practice with complex cases and four years working in the Texoma area.
Dr. M. Viktor Silver is a double-board certified Neurosurgeon by the American Board of Neurological Surgery and by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He graduated from one the largest neurosurgical training centers in North America only to further specialize in the treatment of Spine Disorders.
Dr. M. Viktor Silver completed fellowship training in the management of Complex Spinal diseases, including minimally invasive spine surgery, disc replacement and surgery for the correction of deformities, including scoliosis and for tumors and trauma of the spine.
Dr. M. Viktor Silver thrives on teaching, he enjoys training surgeons, residents and fellows on the latest techniques in Spine Surgery. Dr. M. Viktor Silver has worked on both private and academic neurosurgery, working at the University of Florida, Jacksonville, as Director and Founder of the UF Complex Spine Surgery Center and as Chief of Neurosurgery helping to establish a level-II Trauma Center in South Florida affiliated with the University of South Florida and Florida State University.
Dr. M. Viktor Silver also specializes in treatment of brain tumors working in an integrated fashion with oncologists for the prompt management of neoplastic diseases.
With many years of experience in challenging cases, areas of special interest to Dr. Silver are the surgical management of Pituitary tumors, Chiari Malformation, Syringomyelia and Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus.
Dr. M. Viktor Silver also performs surgeries for:
- Computer-guided Surgery for Brain Tumors and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Carpal and Cubital Tunnel syndromes, Guyon’s canal and Common Peroneal Nerve Entrapment.
- Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty, and Bone Biopsy.
- Spinal Stenosis.
- Disc herniation & Sciatica.
- Baclofen and Morphine Pumps
- Spinal Stimulators.
- Neck Fusions and Disc Replacement
- Lumbar Fusion with Latest Minimally Invasive Technique
- Pituitary Tumors with Endoscope
- Chiari Malformation & Syringomyelia
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus.
He believes that his patients deserve an accurate diagnosis and realistic treatment and recovery plans.
Some of the patients presenting to Dr. M. Viktor Silver may be managed initially conservatively and non-surgically as Dr. M. Viktor Silver works cohesively with Pain Management doctors, Chiropractors and Physical Therapy Clinics.
The primary objective is to understand the patient’s symptoms and signs in the context of a comprehensive diagnosis, to then lay the groundwork for treatment.
The patient needs to know all the options for treatment, both surgically and non-surgically.
- Spine Fellowship, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 2002-2003
- Neurosurgery Residency, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada, 1997 to 2002.
- General Surgery Internship, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada, 1996 to 1997
- University of Tünbingen, School of Medicine, Katharinen hospital, Stuttgart, Germany: Surgical Rotation (Clerkship), 1994.
Certifications & Memberships
- Diplomate, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow, The American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
- North American Spine Society
- Ao Spine North America
- CyberKnife Society