Exercise is not only good for your heart and cardiovascular system, but it helps your bones and joints as well. In order to keep your spine healthy, it’s particularly important to keep your abdominal muscles and back strong. It’s easier than you think.
Exercise is not only good for your heart and cardiovascular system, but it helps your bones and joints as well. In order to keep your spine healthy, it’s particularly important to keep your abdominal muscles and back strong. It’s easier than you think. No need to go to the gym. Here are three quick exercises that you can do at home or in a hotel room:
- Lay face down on your forearms with palms flat on the floor.
- Slowly pull your abs in and hold, maintaining the tension throughout this exercise.
- With your feet perpendicular to the floor, push off the floor with your toes, putting your weight on your feet and forearms.
- Try and keep your back as flat as possible. Imagine a straight line is running from your head to your heels. Pull your tailbone under to help achieve the best form.
- Hold for 10-20 seconds.
- Repeat several times a week until you are able to increase the duration of your hold to a minute or more with good form.
- LWhile laying on your side with your feet stacked, make a fist with one hand, placing your elbow under your shoulder and perpendicular to your body.
- Using your forearm and the side of your feet for support, slowly lift your body off the ground, maintaining your balance.
- Hold for as long as you can.
- Switch sides and repeat
- Lay on your back with your knees bent, feet flat and hip width apart. Relax your arms at your sides with your palms down.
- Squeeze your buttocks and lift your hips to create a straight line from your needs to your shoulders.
- Hold for three seconds and lower lowly. Build up to 10-12 repetitions.
If you regularly experience back pain, especially lower back soreness, strengthening your core could be the ticket to relief. Give it a try for two weeks to see improvement. If you’re still experiencing pain or soreness give Dr. Fayaz a call.